|November 6th - December 28th, 2023
|December 4th, 2023 - January 31st, 2024
|Late February to late March 2024
- There are no restrictions on eligibility. Participation fee is free.
- Participation is by team. There is no limit to the number of teams.
way to participateClick here to register.
Ranking award total 350,000 yen
It evaluates technical excellence.
Scores are calculated and ranked based on driving time, presence or absence of collisions with other vehicles, etc.
1st Prize Grand Prize・Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association Chairman's Award／ Supplementary prize money（200,000 JPY)
2nd Prize Excellence award／Supplementary prize money(100,000JPY)
3rd Prize Supplementary prize money(50,000 JPY)
In addition to the three prizes, this year's event will feature the following special awards to encourage the growth of the event's community and share useful knowledge for participants.
Community Contribution Award/Public Relations Award Total 350,000 JPY（7 people x 50,000 JPY）
Encourage and evaluate participants' community contributions and public relations activities.
Competition management will make selections based on comprehensive consideration of activities that contribute to the competition community, such as SNS activities, article writing, and event hosting. Specific evaluation indicators include the following.
- Number of reactions to posts in the tournament Slack workspace
- Number of reactions to blog articles about this tournament
- Event details and number of participants
As a general rule, we will evaluate articles, activities, etc. that have been shared to the target Slack channel that you will be invited to after registering. . Any communications or community contribution activities related to this tournament will be evaluated. It doesn't matter what platform you use or the format of your activities. Specific activities that are subject to evaluation include the following:
- Posting to the conference Slack workspace
- Writing blog articles about the tournament
- Holding events using platforms such as compass
- Contribution to OSS (corrections, improvement proposals)
*When posting articles or posting on SNS, please use the hashtag "#JapanAutomotiveAIChallenge".
*If multiple articles are posted by one person, all of them will be evaluated to determine the winner.
*In principle, the prize money will be transferred to the creator of the article. Please note that we may not be able to handle prize distribution based on division of labor within a team.
Presentation AwardTotal 150,000 JPY
In order to make the presentations that will be held at the competition awards ceremony, which will be held around late February (scheduled), more advanced, we will evaluate them from multiple perspectives. Please note that presentations will be conducted by recruiting presenters from all participants.
The evaluation will be based on voting by sponsors in attendance. The presentation award is divided into the following two awards.
Unique Approach Award 50,000 JPY
This award is given to those who have implemented functions related to autonomous driving using their own unique methods and have taken on the challenge with an approach full of ideas.
Sponsor special award 100,000 JPY
It recognizes and encourages innovative approaches and sophisticated implementation, as well as excellent communication skills.
Regarding recruitment of presenters
- Recruitment of presenters will begin in early January 2024.
- We plan to recruit 5 to 7 people.
- Presentation time is approximately 10 minutes.
- If there are a large number of applicants, we will ask you to submit presentation materials in advance, and the competition management will conduct a selection process.
- Although the venue for the award ceremony has not yet been determined, it is expected to be in Tokyo. Participation in the ceremony is free of charge, but please note that it is difficult to subsidize travel and accommodation costs.
- In some cases, we will consider presenting presenters online, but as a general rule, priority will be given to those who can attend.
- Sponsor: Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan
- Sponsored by: Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, Institute of Industrial Science, The University of Tokyo, University of Tokyo Collaborative Research Institute for Mobility Innovation (UTmobI), Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association, Japan Auto Parts Industries Association, Japan Deep Learning association
- Special sponsorship：
- Competition sponsors: We are looking for companies / organizations that agree with the purpose of thiscompetition and support us as sponsors of goods and operating funds. Please contact us for details.